7 years ago
5 years ago
How to create a custom language
To create your own language
- Make sure you have a good text editor. On Windows we recommend Notepad++
- Ensure that you use the encoding type UTF-8 without BOM in the text editor.
- Copy system/languages/english_aus.lang.php to user/languages/example.lang.php
- Open the new example.lang.php file in your text editor.
- Change the words on the right hand side to match your language (leaving the left hand side a lone).
- When finished save the file and close
- Load Tickets and go to Settings.
- Change the "Default Language" to "Example"
Note: Sometimes we can be lazy and don't update the english language file with all the available tokens. You can still translate these within your custom file, just add a new token/array item as needed.
$language_array['Logout'] = 'Logout';
When logged in you can download the language files from the left of this article.
Applies To: Tickets 2.0+, MrPassword 2.0+